Thursday, August 13, 2009

99% mental

i have heard that it is important to mentally prepare for competition, and that this mental prep is a huge part of success. that being said, and if it is believed, i am a SHOE IN to win the CHaD half. In fact, mebbe i shouldn't even run it, so that I can give someone else a chance.

HA.

it is true, though, that most of my prep (99.9%) has been (and will likely continue to be) mental. I will reserve that 0.1% for physical training. Heck, i might just lace up my shoes for something other than a trip to the store. call me crazy. (or is it LAZY?)

a side part of the CHaD race is that the organizers are trying to set a World Record for the greatest number of people wearing a SuperHero costume to assemble at one time (or something like that). I was asked by a co-worker what i was going to dress like, and here was my response:

I am not dressing up. Why not? Simple. I dont' think that it is right for people to see me in a Superman costume lying on the side of the road in a pile of my own vomit and frothy sputum. The image just doesn't sit well.

So there you have it. I am hoping for a long run tonight, perhaps 10 miles, then a couple more like that over the next week. Taper? how do you taper from virtual ZERO? not gonna happen.

Then there is the race in OCT. If i get the time off, then i MUST train for that one. ha.ha.ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment