Saturday, March 20, 2010

The results are in......

While it may come as a surprise, i did NOT win anything at the Global Warming, My A$$ 6.66mile Race.
It may, though, come as a TRUE surprise that I placed 10th. Out of the ENTIRE WORLD. Don't believe me? Check out the results here: Running off at the Mind. Since the race was open to ANY competitor on the planet, and all were given ample time to submit their application (email saying, "I'm in"), and the rules were clearly stated......i think it is safe to say that it was a WOLRD WIDE event. so.
10th in the WORLD it is. thank you, thank you. I expect to start receiving emails and calls from potential sponsors ANY DAY now (hint, hint). Here is my list of sponsors that I would say "yes" to in a second. No further consideration needed:

NUUN why? So i could GET SOME (nuun, that is). All i can find around here is KONA KOLA. I'm all in favor of alliteration and all that, (see?), but it just doesn't even sound good to me. And i don't feel like paying almost as much for shipping as the product costs. So, step up, NUUN.

Darn Tough Socks love, LOVE these socks. Am currently drafting a letter to see if they will send me some samples to review and then give away. (new ones, of course, NOT the ones i tried out. nasty.) Vermont company. Good folks. Nuf said.

Stonyfield Farms yogurt. I go through at least 2 tubs a week of their Organic Fat Free Plain.

Longacres Nursery for plants and such, not kids. My wife lurve, LURRRVES her some plants and mulch and stuff, and since she is already my primary sponsor, I would like to give back (and if it helps me 'get some', well....then....win win!)(not NUUN, see above). But I digress......

Where was I? Oh, right. Sponsors. Whew. Almost needed a moment there......aaaaaand I'm back.
ok.

Last Mile Brewery because you need to replace carbs. Why not use tasty ones?

And lastly, a free consultation and marathon training plan from runnerdudesfitness. The owner is a great guy, very motivated, knowledgeable, and friendly. I think that it would be great for him to expand his business to the online (world wide) runner, and I could be a great embassador....(hint, hint).

Alright, so if ANY of you have ANY pull (in my direction) with the above mentioned potential sponsors, please put in a good word for me. Many thanks......

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 10th place finish. The Executives at Last Mile Brewing are considering their sponsorship plans for 2010. Rest assured, you will be included in the discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 10th IN THE WHOLE WORLD finish!!! You should have a shirt made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, all, for your kind words! as of yet, no sponsor letters. I do, however, like the prospect mentioned by Jamoosh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 10th place. (coming from the 6th place) Nice job. Love your ideas for sponsors.

    ReplyDelete