Monday, November 5, 2012

I’m slowly getting my groove back…

Yesterday I discussed how I managed to turn an afternoon of video games into an afternoon of video games AND a 10 mile walk. Today I tried to adhere to my schedule and do my Nooner workout from @DoBCx followed by a 5k run on the treadmill.

I took advantage of the time I had when Tracey and Bryce went to her parents’ house to see a slain deer. I’ve seen them. I’m not really interested, so I didn’t go. I vacuumed and did dishes before the workout, just to try to cover my bases. ANYWAY…

I managed to get through 3 rounds of the final part (“Happy Ending”). The title gives  a little insight into the twisted minds that  Steve and Bonnie Pfiester bring to their training. Lemme tell ya, the only happy thing about it is that the workout is ending…

By the end, I could barely do the burpees. I was struggling. I decided to slow it down and just get them done, rather than try to get them done fast, you know? I had to cut it a bit short (thank GOD!) because T and B were headed home and I needed to make dinner for B. (good excuse as any, right???)

I’ve written about the workout before, and will likely do so again. I really like how it manages to kick my butt in such a short period of time…

THEN I hopped on the treadmill to face down my 5k. I did the first mile at 7 mph (8:34 pace). Then I walked a lap at 3.5. Then ran a mile at 7.5 (8:00 pace), walked a lap, then ran 3 laps at 7.7mph (7:48 pace) finishing the last lap of the last mile at my “BQ pace” which is 8.2 mph or something around a 7:15 pace (or so). yea, lemme tell you. that was fast for me. so I walked another lap to get my HR back to normal before ending the workout. I was very happy with myself having done the scheduled workout!

I glanced at my calendar to see what is on deck for tomorrow, and was surprised to see the same thing for tomorrow. Hmmm….how could this BE??? well…..

I looked at the wrong day. I did tomorrow’s (Monday’s) workout TODAY (Sunday).

So? Nothing. Tomorrow, weather permitting, I’ll go for a nice walk in the woods, which is what I was slated to do today. No biggie!

Adapt, overcome. #relentlessforwardmotion.

Do you adapt well to changes or screw ups in your workout schedules??

No comments:

Post a Comment