Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ice, Ice, Baby!

Spent the better part of today as a chaperon for Z's field trip to the Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, VT. The event was well organized, and it looked like all of the kids, teachers, and other chaperons had a great time. The morning was broken into two time blocks, and then another one after lunch. Kids were able to choose from a variety of activities, including snow golf, ice skating, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, snow soccer, snow football, sledding, and some indoor games.
Z first played golf, and I took off across the lake with a bunch of kids and a few adults to find animal tracks. Surprisingly, we found a few sets of fox tracks. It was fun to listen to the teacher explain how to determine the type of animal based on the clues that were left behind.
In several spots, the snow disguised 4-6 inches of slush. I must say that it is a BIT unnerving to be waking through slush that is on top of ice (one HOPES) that is in the middle of a lake. Today was a big step in me getting more comfy on the ice. I don't like it. Not at all, not one bit. Can't say as I do.
In other news, Z had a good time playing football. It was pretty much all he talked about after he got home.
I wore my garmin (p.b.t.n.) while I was snowshoeing around, and managed to eek out 3 miles for the day. Hey, it all counts toward the 1000 miles for the year. I am still WAY behind schedule, but am determined to get there!
Sorry so short tonight, and not that interesting, but we are sharing the laptop, and my time is up.
Peace, YO!

2 comments:

  1. Hahah that's funny. I would NOT be having fun in the least either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, MO! Thanks for stopping by. i don't mind cold, it is wet and windy that i don't like...

    ReplyDelete