Saturday, June 4, 2011

Junathon(g) Day 3.

imageI ran on trails today. There is a system not far from where I work that offers many hill challenges. As you can see by the graphic, it starts out pretty steep, then gets steeper right before it hands you your lungs and thighs on a bed of fresh raspberries. Glorious. This time of year I can’t make it to the top without stopping. By the end of the season, I still won’t will be able to make it. Fun to watch my progress. At the top is some sort of tower. It isn’t very tall: the fence around it only 8 feet tall. I think that it has something to do with the local airfield, but I don’t know that for sure.

Anyway, it was great to get back out into these trails. Not much had changed, except that I have never seen water in the reservoir. Today, it had water in it, about half full. There was an older man with his dog, who was very obedient, playing at the water’s edge. They were the only two creatures I saw on the run. Bliss.

Made it back to the car without incident and then came home. Day 3, done and done.

Be Well,

Gene

1 comment:

  1. I was supposed to run trails this morning. A long run...but unfortunately not feeling tip top so had to bail. I love trail running.

    ReplyDelete